Thursday, January 26, 2012

Snowed in Craft Day #2

Adventures from our snow week continued.  On the second day of no school week we...painted practically everything we could find!!!

I found a very inspiring pin on Pinterest about painting glass to give it a more cohesive look.  I had these ugly 80's dark green vases, you know the ones that don't match anything and sit under your sink forever.  I use vases all summer as I have a large flower garden and constantly pick bouquets for my neighbors and such.  I try to have enough vases so that if I don't get one back it's no big deal. 
But these were just ugly.  So I thought I would spruce them up.

I used 2 coats of acrylic paint on each vase and they will still need a matte finish clear coat, but I LOVE how they turned out! 

And of course my son had to paint with me..and then we just had to keep painting whatever we could find to paint because we were having such fun!

My son received these paintable plastic animal figures from Santa this year, and has been dying to paint them, he's a very colorful kid! We had also made some fun clay stuff a few weeks ago he wanted to paint as well. 

Another Pinterest find: using hot glue to write on the jar then paint over that.  This experiment showed me that my hot glue gun is not so good, and strings to much for this project, next time I will use puffy paint to get a better look. 


All in all an extremely fun day in the kitchen. 
If you would like to see the Pinterest pin on these ideas you can follow me on Pinterest, they are pinned on my Craft Ideas Board.  Or here is the link to the blog from the pin.

As always have a great day, and thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment