Monday, April 8, 2013

Spring Break is over....now time to get back to creating.

It was Spring Break here last week and if you are a mom with younger kids...you know that getting things done isn't quite as easy with kids under foot.  So we took a little break from working hard and decided to play hard instead!  


We enjoyed the rare Spring Sunshine we were blessed with the first few days and got outside in the garden...There are signs of Spring everywhere! 

My lilies are already poking their little heads up, and my one lone tulip (thanks to a particularly nasty little mole last year) is struggling to make an appearance.  




Once the rain came back we were sadly driven back inside for the rest of the week and spent our days painting and building couch forts.  Nothing beats curling up with a good book on a rainy day...except curling up with that good book under a fort in the middle of the living room!

I did manage a few batches of soapy fun!

I had so much fun making this soap.  Normally each of my soap batches are planned from the colors to how I will pour them prior to even beginning a soapmaking session.  This one was different and is called a drop swirl.  It was so much fun because there was not a lot of pre-planning, no design to sketch out....just pour it and wait to see what happens! 


A new Purely for Him soap that has yet to be named.  
A Spicy intriguing blend of Vetyver, Patchouli, and Sandalwood.  This fragrance is my new favorite in our Purely for Him collection.







Hope everyone is having a great day...the sun has decided to come out now for a few seconds so I am going to go soak up as much of it as I can before it starts raining again! 
Happy Spring from all of us here at Green Lady Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment