Friday, September 2, 2011

Take Time to Stop and Smell the Flowers

Even though this time of year finds many of us in a rush, it's nice to slow down sometimes and see the beauty of Nature. 
September has come to fast for me, and I find myself for the first time in my life wishing summer wasn't almost over.  (Summer is my least favorite time of the year) I love Fall, I love the kaleidoscope of colors that show their faces in all of our amazing trees here in the NW.  I love the smell of the air, especially after a good rain storm.  I love the windy fall thunderstorms that rock the house and echo through the mountains that surround where I live.  I live in Washington because I LOVE it. 

This year there is a lot happening for me this Fall, and I am finding myself busier than usual.  The opening of Green Lady Creations this summer, has been a huge success, and I am thankful for all of my amazing customers and fantastic followers that have supported me and have been patient with me while I grew my business.  It's because of these amazing people that I am looking forward to a busy season with Craft Fairs and Festivals lined up for almost every month!

I am also finding myself getting ready for a milestone in my baby boy's life;  the beginning of Kindergarten.  Yes, the day has finally come and my little boy starts kindergarten next week. I have mixed emotions about this glorious event with anxiety and happiness all jumbled in to one big bundle.  It will be an adjustment at first to get used to him not being here, as I have been a stay at home mom since he was little; but I am looking forward to hearing about all the wonderful things he learns about in school!
With all that is happening for me, and for many people in the world, I believe it's more important than ever to take a moment every day and go for a walk, pick a bouquet of flowers, or just sit outside in a place where nature is abundant and say thanks for the beauty that surrounds our lives.


May your day be filled with beauty and happiness. 
The Green Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment