Thursday, August 2, 2012

Hometown Values


We had an amazing weekend at Gold Dust Days this past weekend.  The weather was beautiful and the community turned out to support it's local crafters.  On of my favorite parts of this particular show is that it's right in our backyard and is full of activities for kids.
The bike parade was my son's favorite part of the show; the look of pride and excitement filling his face as he rode the bike that he and his Dad decorated during the day filled my heart.  With this show being in our backyard my family came often during the weekend to say hi, participate in the community events, and watch the parade. 
I met some more amazing crafters, and spent the down time reminiscing with crafters that have now become old friends!
I met two amazingly talented jewelry artisans that have an incredible talent for beading. 



Snowflake Cottage: Handcrafted Gifts & Beaded Designs by Rustye
Rusty is an incredibly talented lady, she has done things with beads that are truly stunning.  The hours of work that must go in to each and every one of her designs blows me away.  Rusty uses  many different materials to create one of a kind pieces of wearable art.  She doesn't have a website, but she does many local shows including the Duvall Farmers market and you can send her an email if you love her stuff as much as I do!






Sally Martin with Martin-Robinson Productions is the other incredibly talented artisan that I met over the weekend.  She also has an amazing talent for making extraordinary pieces, and again the hours of time that goes in to each and every piece is incredible.

You can find Sally's amazing wearable art online @ SallyJeansBeadedGems.etsy.com
Sally also does some very beautiful Pearl strands which I purchased this past weekend.  It's a beautiful purple color and looks exquisite with my favorite teal blouse.  I'll take a picture of it soon so I can share!

Lastly I wanted to say a huge thank you to the Sky Valley Chamber of Commerce and the host of volunteers that put together Gold Dust Days for our small community.  It truly is a hometown value show and I look forward to coming again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment