Monday, October 17, 2011

A Fantastic First Show


My first show was this past weekend.  The weather was beautiful, although it was brisk.  I did not know what to expect, since this was my first "show", and I was pleasantly surprised how the day turned out! 
Although it was brisk outside, the sun was shining, and it was a beautiful day in Washington!  The festival was fantastic, especially since it was their very first year.  I loved how they had the whole thing set up.  The food vendors were on one side of a building, and the vendors on the other.  They had activities for the kids, a root beer garden, wine tasting, dancing, and of course a bier garden. 



I got amazing feedback from new customers, and some of my wonderful customers came by to see me.  My favorite part was when a customer would walk by and do a double take because they could smell the candle that I was burning.  I burned an Apple Jack jar candle, and Pumpkin Souffle melts, the combination was great, and since it was Oktoberfest, it was a fitting fragrance.



I was extremely thankful for my helper, I don't know what I would have done without her.  We made a great team.  Sadly she does a lot of the same shows as me, so I will not be able to utilize her as much as I would like to.  Maybe I could clone her!!

I've already got a list for my hubby of things that need to be fixed.  My shelves need a bit more support and a piece of wood on top so there are no slats.  I also have a list for myself of things to remember for next time....like bring hand warmers or gloves. 
But overall a fantastic first show!  I am so lucky to be able to do what I LOVE, and I am looking forward to the next show...especially since it's an indoor event!!

As always have a Fantastic Day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment